Search This Blog

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Roberta's Cocina Mexicana

Roberta's Cocina Mexicana
5635 Freeport Blvd. Ste 6
Sacramento, CA 95822
 
 
 
Roberta's is a simple Mom and Pop style place with  a friendly staff and really good authentic Mexican style food.  The place is clean and there is so much to choose from on the menu:Tacos, Burritos, Quecas, Birria, Carnitas, Menudo and so much more.  I opted for a brekkie classic of Chorizo and Eggs... And, below is a pic of what I got for something like $5.00 with chips and salsa and a drink...Ridiculously inexpensive and OMG sooooo good, so good!  My friend ordered the Menudo and received a trough of the stuff with all the fixins and I can tell ya it was some of the best I've had.
 
 
So here is the thing folks, if you enjoy, and I mean REALLY enjoy places like Del Taco, Taco Bell, Jimboys Tacos and El Pollo Loco you "may" not like Roberta's style of food.  Not that there is anything wrong with any of the places I listed...I enjoy ALL of them, but they are not authentic Mexican food.  They do not have that rich layered flavor of meats cooked slowly, or the exquisite burst of spices that comes from family recipes or regional areas...Roberta's food has that and more.
 
I highly recommend Roberta's and I hope you enjoy your visit...Let me know mmmkay?
 
 
Shells

No comments:

Post a Comment