Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Starbucks Therapy


So Saturday I was shopping (since I am on a limited budget) and of course I did an impulse purchase at Sprint. I walked into the store out of curiosity because I am not even a Sprint customer and after today I never will be. I bought a tiny little pink bluetooth headset thinking it will help me with my iphone 4 problem of dropped calls if you touch the phone a certain way. I don't need it in my car because there's built in bluetooth there so I thought for $37.42 I would try it at home and see if it solved my problem. However, I know from past experience that things stuck in my ear and I don't get along. Anyway, because of my past bluetooth problems I specifically asked JEFF the Sprint Dude what my options were should I decide to come to my senses and return this little gadget. He said, and I quote: If you bring it back by Monday with all the packaging there will be no re-stocking fee and there will not be a problem. Fast forward to today which is Monday (see reference above). I packed up all the things just like new and found my receipt and went to Sprint. Of course JEFF the Sprint Dude is off today and I had to explain to someone else why I was returning it. After numerous back and forth between some other guy who wasn't Jeff and the manager of the store (who's name is Phadi K - Sprint Store of Oswego, 1530 Douglas Road, Oswego, IL 60543 - area code 630-551-7100 in case you wanted to contact him) I was told that it was a non-refundable purchase. I realize it's only $37.42 but I was PISSED. I told them that this was why I was an AT&T customer and they just shrugged their shoulders. I picked up my little pink bluetooth device and I marched out of that store pronto, vowing to call Sprint Corporate (Shells, can I have their number?). I have a feeling they are still snickering at me.
At this point I had no intention of doing this, but my car accidentally turned into the Drive-Thru Starbucks. I had no choice but to order an iced Venti Caramel Macchiato. And a Venti cup of ice. I handed the guy my gold card and $10 in case there wasn't enough on the card. It was my only cash. He misunderstood me and put it all on the card, which of course means now I have to go back once or twice this week to use that money up because otherwise it will burn a whole in my Dooney and Bourke purse.
To add insult to injury, and to incorporate PETE into this post, I get home and he's standing there with a rag in his hand compalining that I went to Starbucks and didn't bring him anything (which if I had he wouldn't have wanted it anyway). And if all this isn't enough there was a notice on the front door that I missed my Fed Ex delivery of my medication. It has to be signed for. I guess PETE was too busy cleaning and fussing to answer the door. It's going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment